Released Tuesday, the video touches on the city’s strategic policy goals, which were shared by Carlsbad Mayor Matt Hall at a state of the city luncheon hosted Aug. 26 by the Carlsbad Chamber of Commerce.
The goals include:
- Enhance Carlsbad’s coastline
- Plan for a new city hall that will meet the future workplace
- Promote education to increase civic engagement and attract and retain talent in Carlsbad
- Enhance the health and vitality of the Village and the Barrio
- Lower the railroad tracks in a trench through the Village to improve safety, community connectivity, quality of life and economic value
- Become a leader in multi-modal transportation systems and creative approaches to moving people and goods through and within Carlsbad
The 2016 State of the City video can viewed on YouTube, Time Warner Cable channel 24 and AT&T U-verse channel 99.